Splash Park Naming Contest
Calling Oak Harbor area students ages 5 – 18!
Our splash park is opening this summer and it needs a new name.
How to enter
- Think of or research a creative name that represents Oak Harbor heritage, life, or nature.
- Add a 200-word description of why you chose that name.
- Get permission from a parent or guardian (the winning entry will need to have signed permission from a parent or guardian).
- Submit your entry using the form below or in person in the main lobby of City Hall (865 SE Barrington Drive).
- No fee is required to enter the contest.
- Entries must conform to the contest rules below.
- Names must be submitted by a child or youth ages 5 – 18.
- Parent or guardian’s permission is needed to participate. The winner will need to have a signed agreement by parent or guardian.
- Submission must be original work by the entrant.
- Limit one entry per person.
- A classroom of students may submit a name collectively.
- Name cannot be a living person.
- Any entries using profanity or offensive language will be disqualified.
- All entries may be listed on Oak Harbor websites, print materials, and social media channels.
Judging and selection of winner
- Names will be judged on their creativity and significance to Oak Harbor heritage, life, or nature.
- If the winning name is submitted by more than one contest participant, scoring will be based on the essay.
- The winner(s) will be notified in early June via phone or email.
- All non-winners will be notified via email.
- Decisions of the Committee will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered into. The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the name to the City of Oak harbor. Accepting the winning vote constitutes permission for Oak harbor to make public and otherwise use the winner’s name for publicity purposes.
- The selected name will be posted in the new Splash Park.
- Winner(s) will get a commemorative prize and be recognized at the Splash Park opening celebration.