Windjammer Park improvements begin mid-May
To complete construction of the Clean Water Facility and make Phase I improvements on the new Windjammer Park, large portions of the park will be closed mid-May 2018 through late spring 2019.
- Waterfront trail, lagoon, and ballfields will remain open
- As amenities are completed, sections of the park may reopen early
- Parking lots and City Beach St will be closed
- Parking will remain available on SE Bayshore Dr and SE Pioneer Way
- Special events typically held in the park will be held at other locations
We will keep the community informed of the locations for special events through our weekly email updates, this website (here and on our Park page), and the City website. To sign up for our weekly updates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City has many beautiful parks for you to explore with rental facilities available. Please visit the links below to learn more:
For more information about what will be included in Phase 1 of the Windjammer Park improvements check-out our Park page.
See previous announcements in the announcement archive.
The City of Oak Harbor is upgrading the wastewater treatment system to better serve the Oak Harbor community and protect Puget Sound.
The City is building a new wastewater treatment facility that will:
- Deliver long-term reliable service to Oak Harbor
- Reclaim valuable resources from wastewater
- Support the City’s future growth
- Enhance public spaces